Please keep the Community Wall Civil and Clean.
collapse

Author Topic: Can I have your attention for one moment?  (Read 878 times)

Offline dubcroster

• Squire
    • Poke This Member
  • Guild: GOD
  • Main Character: Ulfaldi
Can I have your attention for one moment?
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:18:52 AM »
Hi,

I'm dubcroster. Very few of you know me, but you may or may not remember my in game names, Ulfaldi and Multi Ninjaninja.

I'm not new to Vabbi, or WvW, but I'm not a veteran either. I joined at the worst possible time, in fact.

I saw what I think was the last large Zerg run in EB before the server linking, and I joined GOD just after. This must be something like 8-10 months ago.

After that, there was no more Zergs, and everything started to really fall apart. I never met any other guilds in Vabbi than GOD and WAR. And even WAR I hardly saw after a few months.

I know you know this just as well as I do. The guilds we have are all in a sorry state, and have been so even before the linking system was set in place. But they survive and you are still in them. No doubt both because you remember a better time, but also because of friendship and dedication to Vabbi.

Yet, we do nothing to try to change the situation, and I think we have all given up a little.

Can we talk about this in an honest way?
If we don't do something, we will lose more and more players for every round of linking that we go through.

I also realise that there is very little chance that anyone will notice this post, but I do hope you will.

Offline Dionsys

• Legend
  • Bad to the bone.
    • Poke This Member
    • Vabbi Forums
  • Guild: [God] [VF]
  • Main Character: Warrior
  • Other Character Names: Midget Meanie
Re: Can I have your attention for one moment?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 11:48:58 AM »
Hey

About 8 months ago we tried to kick the community back in to life and we succeeded for about 5 months to the point Vabbi was ranking high and long queues were formed to get in to the server. However it all fell apart when some of the community leaders started to get power hungry and moved out of the boundaries of complying to the rules. So a mass exodus took place because this Forum and the community TeamSpeak was taken away.

The community TS and these Forums still exist and it's up to you guys to make the most of them, there is everything you need to make the community grow again. All you have to do is ask, we will help with giving you access to these resources but I don't think any of the people who provide there time and resources to keeping these Forums alive and TS will commit the way they did previously. Rather you guys have to do the work, the tools are here, are you prepared to do anything about it?

Hope this helps.

Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump

Forum Founder
Forum Development
Webmaster

Offline dubcroster

• Squire
    • Poke This Member
  • Guild: GOD
  • Main Character: Ulfaldi
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 04:27:58 PM »
Hi Dionsys.

Thank you for your reply. I did not know that part of the story.

I'm probably not the one that should drive this, but I'd gladly spend some of my time working for this community, as long as I'm not the only one wanting this.

I'll try to make some in game noise too, maybe that attracts some attention.

Offline Jojo

• Steward
  • Legend
    • Poke This Member
  • Guild: [VF], [GOD], [Mad]
  • Main Character: Little Miss Marmite
  • Other Character Names: Bondage Queen, Queen Of Bondage, Mrs Dionsys, Mrs Wizwitch, Mom E, Epigirl, Witchwiz, Extreme Erotica, Ms Dionsys, Two Peas, Mistress Tabitha, Little Miss Pys, Mom E Jojo, Lady Man Hands, Eggs On Legs, Little Miss Shy, Caethiwed
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 12:03:44 PM »
Hello peeps,

Been quite a while since I've posted! I'll be honest and open (as always) so it'll probably be a long post and get me into trouble but nothing new there hehehe! :D

The collapse of our thriving community was really sad to see because many hours of blood sweat and tears went into growing and maintaining it. Initially the forums were mainly WvW focused but Dio and I wanted to also include the PvE aspect of Guild Wars so those players would also feel welcome here....that's when the trouble began. There isn't any point dragging up the past so all I shall say is "there are always two sides to every story."

I personally had to take a break from the forums for my own sanity because I was constantly wondering who was going to stab me in the back next when I hadn't done anything wrong. In the end it was making me very ill so I decided to take a step back, think and recuperate. During this time @Gihon has been a star and kept doing his fantastic posts, loyal community members still dropped by to say hello and have kept in touch (think they just want my sweeties!)

Dio and I decided to focus on playing PvE so we set up a new Guild: Vabbi Forums [VF], I bought a new TS so VF and community members could use it free of charge whenever they wanted (a big thank you again to @Gihon for helping me set that up,) we were doing weekly guild missions and upgrading the hall at quite a speed but then people lost interest in the game so that too went quiet.

With the new WvW system being introduced players have started to slowly trickle back in game which has been fantastic to see, admittedly WvW isn't the same anymore but I do believe that there is hope for Vabbi and the game in general but it'll take hard work to build everything up again so.......

I'm willing to dust off my whip and try making a go of things one last time but I'll need help to do this. So, if you think you can work alongside loopy Jojo please speak up.....if you do decide to come back and play with me Dio I'll turn you into my slave again so be warned! :p

Jojo :)

Offline Jojo

• Steward
  • Legend
    • Poke This Member
  • Guild: [VF], [GOD], [Mad]
  • Main Character: Little Miss Marmite
  • Other Character Names: Bondage Queen, Queen Of Bondage, Mrs Dionsys, Mrs Wizwitch, Mom E, Epigirl, Witchwiz, Extreme Erotica, Ms Dionsys, Two Peas, Mistress Tabitha, Little Miss Pys, Mom E Jojo, Lady Man Hands, Eggs On Legs, Little Miss Shy, Caethiwed
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 03:52:01 AM »
Quick update peeps.....

I've spoken to Dio and he should be coming back to the forums and help build the community up again (if you don't help Dio I shall lock you up until you agree to!) Sadly he isn't well at the moment so won't be available for at least 3 weeks however, I shall make a start giving the forums a "spring clean" hopefully with the help of @Gihon when he's also feeing better (pretty please Blue :P ) to remove old posts which contain builds that no longer apply etc.

It would be fantastic if everyone would spread the news that we aim to get the community up and running again, make new posts or just say hello :) Also if you're interested in becoming part of the team please let me know.

Will update you all when I know more.....it would be fantastic if people could make new posts containing WvW, PvE & PvP builds and tips! Feel free to use the community TS too, there are open channels for non Vabbi Forum guild members (more open and guild channels will be added as we go along.)

Jojo :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:55:21 AM by Jojo »

The following users thanked this post: Smiletolife

* Search

* Forum Team

Jojo admin Jojo
Steward
Gihon admin Gihon
Steward

* Top Poster

Dionsys Dionsys
640 Posts